|Universal package for|
- Asus eeePC
- Debian Etch PC (x86 and mipsel)
- Letux n30, Letux 380, Letux 400
- Nokia 770, 800, 810
- Openmoko Neo1973, Freerunner
- Sharp Zaurus (Sharp ROM)
Shown at SYSTEMS 2008|
Shown at LinuxTag 2008
SimpleWebKit became part of GNUstep
Shown at FOSDEM 2008
is is the Handwriting recognition module of QuantumSTEP.
The backend is a plugin bundle that is loaded during runtime. It uses an NSBezierPath of the stroked letters and symbols that is passed to the recognizer for identifying what has been written. The recognizers sends (faked) keyboard events to the main application object (NSApp), so that handwriting is "typed" into a test field or triggers menu event shortcuts. Gestures are decoded and converted into e.g. return/delete or function keys.
It supports an "ink anywhere" architecture by implementing the -shouldBeTreatedAsInkEvent method of NSResponder.
Gestures like the following will support handheld operation:
- horizontal line left-to-right: alt-N (New Document)
- vertical line top-to-bottom: alt-S (Save)
- diagonal line bottom-right-to-top-left: alt-W (Close)
- tap-tap-tap: ESC (open Application list)