|Universal package for|
- Asus eeePC
- Debian Etch PC (x86 and mipsel)
- Letux n30, Letux 380, Letux 400
- Nokia 770, 800, 810
- Openmoko Neo1973, Freerunner
- Sharp Zaurus (Sharp ROM)
Shown at SYSTEMS 2008|
Shown at LinuxTag 2008
SimpleWebKit became part of GNUstep
Shown at FOSDEM 2008
Note, there are two different images for the Neo1973 and the Neo Freerunner.
QuantumSTEP is now available for installation at your own risk on a FIC Neo1973 GTA01b4 (will most probably fail on other hardware).
- Install the USB connection between your Mac and the Openmoko
- Install ZMacSync (2.4 or later) on your Mac
- Download through Software Index the latest QuantumSTEP package from the Downloads area to your Mac. Look if it contains a QuantumSTEP.mpkg package.
- Get Openmoko Flasher
- Flash at your own risk a recent uBoot (this one is known to work): download (200kB)
- Flash this kernel (no other kernel works!): download (1.5MB)
- Flash this rootfs (no other rootfs works!): download (30MB)
- Boot the Neo to Openmoko
- Setup ZMacSync so that you can get a ssh terminal connection to Openmoko
- Use ZMacSync's File/Install Files... menu to install QuantumSTEP.mpkg on the Neo (takes some minutes)
- reboot the Neo and now, QuantumSTEP runs (the Openmoko GUI is gone due to space constraints of internal memory)
We have not yet managed to cross-compile for ARM-EABI and there is no ARM-OABI kernel for the Freerunner available.